Monday, May 27, 2019

A Long Weekend

It has been a strange weekend to a strange week.  My delightful family and our delightful family friends spent most of it on Cape Cod in gorgeous weather.  The dog was her sweet, goofy, wild self,  The food and drink were good.  I felt good.  And yet, I am walking around with this thing in me waiting, like the creature that popped out of John Hurt's abdomen in Alien.*  Except this thing is all in my head.

Part of me wonders if (or, at least, fantasizes that), when the radiologists and surgeons at FFCC look at my MRI, they'll just laugh at the excitable Boston area provincials that jump at nothing.  I haven't even been able yet to speak to any doctor who has seen this MRI.  Maybe the radiologist who wrote the report was on 'shrooms.

Another part wonders whether, if I sneeze, the whole thing will pop inside my cranium and bathe my brain in pus.  Or, maybe, it will pop if I strain too hard on the toilet.  I could go down in glory, just like Elvis.

I feel fine.  I took a good hike with Willow, and a friend, and his dog.  We hiked up and down steep, rocky hills in the woods.  I found wonderful things to photograph.  I cringe at every ordinary, little twinge in my face or head, but nothing happens.  How could there be such chaos in my head when I feel fine?  I don't get it.





* Eventually, they popped out of a lot of abdomens, actually.  I hope this isn't the beginning of something similar.



Willow doesn't get it either.


No comments:

Post a Comment