Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Sweet 16 (or 17?)


Well, off to the races again!  I sit now in a train travelling south to the Big Fruit.  I do love trains.  I don’t love surgeries.  You might think I did from the number I have had.  This will be the 16th or 17th, depending on how you count.  That’s more than Michael Jackson had on his entire face.

Last week, in preparation for tomorrow’s surgery, I went down to F’in’ Famous Cancer Center for a CT scan.  You would think the surgeon would be satisfied with the nice MRI I brought him from up north, but, no.  He wanted his own CT scan, so I came down and got it.  K/BWE and I just looked at the results.  It’s pretty much a rerun of what they saw on the MRI, but it’s still exciting.  Once again, I have to ask, how in helicopter am I still alive?  How the Schmidt am I not at least a blind, blithering, wall-eyed, slobbering half-vegetable in a wheelchair?  It’s crawled into everything.  It’s cozying up to my brain.  It’s cuddling with the muscles that control my right eye.  It’s groping my inner right ear, and yet I still hear as well (or badly) as ever.  I have a little headache, which may just as easily be stress*, but I drove to work, did a good job, and did not soil my underpants even once.  I can talk, I can walk, I can sing, I can dance.**

Am I overreacting?  I’m sure there are lots of people with huge, unidentified groping objects*** rubbing against their brains, and it doesn’t bother them.  I can’t help it though.  This thing gives me the creeps.  It looks very malignant, although the first biopsy says it wasn’t, but whatever it is, it’s big and scary and does not belong there.

And so, tomorrow morning, Dr. Nariz will take out a few more samples while trying to not pop my dura mater, the balloon that encloses my brain.  Is it cancer (still a possibility that part of it is)?  Is it a crazy big benign tumor (which is still a problem)?  Is it bacterial?****  Is it fungal?****  Is it the earthly remains of Jimmy Hoffa?  Only pathology or microbiology will tell.
Next update will be postop!

Be well,
Tom


*Hmmph. Stress.  I really need to lighten up.
** That part’s a lie.  I never could dance.  Not even Rachel Settlage could teach me to dance.
***UGOs
****If it is bacterial or fungal, it could be a whole new organism resistant to all antimicrobials (antibiotics and antifungals), which would be good.  I could get it named after me, and I could probably get them to make me first author on any articles they publish.  It would be an unusual way to advance a career, but I’ve hear stranger.




This Stellar sea lion thinks it's just the world's largest booger.


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone I'm Carolina peter and am here to share the wonderful work Dr tunde did for me. After 4 years in marriage with my husband with 2 kids, my husband started acting weird and going out with other women and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other women, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called Dr. tunde who help people with relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a love spell and within 48hours my husband come back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with other women and his with me for good and for real. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail.com or call or whatsapp:+2348143581382 Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, INFERTILITY, DIABETES AND MORE.

    ReplyDelete