Sunday, August 11, 2019

Coda to Previous: The Greatest Insult Language of All Time

This only makes sense if you read yesterday's post.

Still trying to deal with headache.  Took gabapentin and posaconazole after dinner hoping that the gabapentin could knock off the jaw-clenching while the posaconazole could keep killing the (increasingly unlikely) fungus without making me a zombie the next day.  Nope.  I'm not sleeping, but I send this update from outer space.  Luckily, it is not illegal to blog under the influence (BUI).

Enough!  I will stop kvetching!

But, to the more interesting point that I left out yesterday.  When I had the colonoscopy for my iron deficiency anemia a few months ago, the gastroenterologist/endoscopist came to me in the recovery room and told me it was normal.  Since I have referred many an iron deficiency anemic patient for workups myself, I said, "the next step is an upper endoscopy, then a capsule if that's negative, right?"

"Yes," he affirmed.

Then, when K/BWE called to make an appointment* for the upper endoscopy, his office refused.  This is NOT standard of care.  She messaged my primary care doc and told her this.  My primary care doc then called the gastroenterologist, and he denied ever agreeing to do the upper endoscopy. Huh???  He shall forever be known to me as Dr. Sphincter.  A different gastroenterologist went on to do the upper endoscopy.

That is all.




*I am ashamed to say this, but I am a typical male schlump** in that my wife makes many of my appointments.

**I am annoyed to say this, but Blogger's spell-checker does not recognize "schlump," a word from Yiddish (among other things, the greatest insult tongue ever spoken).  What shlemiels!




*                      *                      *




 This dog is disappointed in Dr. Sphincter
 and thinks he is a Schlub.

No comments:

Post a Comment